Quality Indicator for Assistive Technology:
Administrative Support for AT
- Comprehensive written procedural guidelines that address all components of AT service delivery are in place.
- Procedures are disseminated to all agency personnel and consistently used.
- Job requirements related to AT are written for all personnel who provide AT services and are clearly aligned to job responsibilities.
- AT competencies are consistently valued and used in hiring, assigning and evaluating personnel.
- AT is included in the agency-wide technology planning and budgeting process in a way that meets AT needs throughout the agency.
- Learning opportunities related to AT are provided on an ongoing basis to address the changing needs of students with disabilities, their families and the staff who serve them.
- A systematic procedure is consistently used throughout the agency to evaluate all components of the agency-wide AT program.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
- See Appendix C for additional administrative support resources.