Implementation should focus on ensuring that the AT provided can be adequately used by the child within the environments that he/she is actively engaged.
The following areas should be noted when evaluating how well the AT is being implemented:
- Identify the AT tools or systems that will be
- Identify specific tasks for which the AT will be
- Identify where the child will be using the
- Verify how the AT correlates to the
- Identify components of the AT that need to be maintained (charged, cleaned, replaced).
- Ensure all persons working with the child and his/her AT are
- Determine who will customize the AT (when necessary).
- Note information about
- Develop a contingency plan for temporary replacements (when necessary).
See Appendix C for Implementation Resources