What are the AEM Quality Indicators?
Provision of AEM and AT for students with disabilities is a multi-layered process. The National Center on Accessible Educational Materials developed the Quality Indicators for the Provision of Accessible Educational Materials and Technologies to guide education agencies in developing and implementing effective procedures for providing AEM services for students. The Quality Indicators describe the essential components of a procurement system, including compliance, guidelines, professional development, data procedures, and resources.
The Quality Indicators for the Provision of Accessible Educational Materials and Technologies:
- A coordinated system for provision of accessible materials and technologies
- Acquisition and provision in a timely manner
- Written guidelines
- Comprehensive learning opportunities and technical assistance
- A systematic data collection process
- Use of data to guide changes
- Allocation of resources
This technical assistance document will provide guidance to help educators develop systems that satisfy the AEM Quality Indicators. Additional guidance and resources for addressing each indicator are available at: http://aem.cast.org/policies/quality-indicators-provision-aem.html#.XQp_Xo97lPY.