Skip back to main navigation
2: AT Assessment
- Clearly defined procedures are used by everyone involved in the assessment process.
- Flexible teams formed on the basis of knowledge of the individual student’s needs, environments, tasks, and expertise in AT consistently conduct assessments.
- Functional components of AT Assessments are consistently conducted in the student’s customary environments.
- AT Assessments are conducted in a timely manner and include a plan for ongoing assessment and trials in customary environments.
- Recommendations are consistently based on data about student performance on typical tasks in customary environments.
- Documented recommendations consistently include sufficient information about devices and services to guide decision-making and program development.
- AT use is frequently monitored. AT needs are generally reassessed if current tools and strategies are ineffective. Reassessment generally includes ongoing assessment strategies and includes formal assessment, if indicated.