Quality Indicator for Assistive Technology:
AT in the IEP
- The agency has guidelines for documenting AT in the IEP and members of all teams are aware of them.
- Required AT devices and services are documented. Documentation consistently includes sufficient information to support effective implementation.
- AT is linked to the IEP goals and objectives and is consistently linked to the general curriculum.
- The IEP consistently describes observable, measurable outcomes to be achieved through AT use.
- Devices and services are documented and are consistently adequate to support AT use.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
- See AT TA Guide pages 16-18 for information on Documenting AT in the IEP.
- See Appendix C for additional AT in the IEP resources.
Previous page Continue to page 58