Quality Indicator for Assistive Technology:
Evaluation for Effectiveness of AT
- Responsibilities for collection, evaluation and interpretation of data are consistently shared by team members.
- Team identifies specific student behaviors related to IEP goals, and consistently collects data on changes in those behaviors.
- Effectiveness is consistently evaluated using both quantitative and qualitative data about student’s performance obtained from a variety of sources.
- Effectiveness is consistently evaluated during naturally occurring opportunities and structured activities in multiple environments.
- Data are sufficiently analyzed all of the times.
- Program changes are consistently linked to student performance data.
- Evaluation of effectiveness takes place on an on-going basis and the team consistently uses the data to make program changes.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
- See AT TA Guide page 12 for information on Data Collection.
- See Appendix C for additional Data Collection resources.
Teams may use the following forms for Evaluating Effectiveness -
Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT) Matrices
Pages 11-12 of the QIAT Matrices document
QIAT Plan for Effectiveness of AT Use
See page 69 for QIAT Effectiveness Matrices.