6: AT in Transition
- Transition plans consistently address AT needs and all team members are involved and knowledgeable about critical roles, steps and follow-up.
- Student is a full participant and student input is consistently reflected in the transition plan.
- Advocacy consistently occurs for AT use and the development of student self determination skills.
- AT requirements in the receiving environment are consistently identified by all participants.
- Individualized timelines are consistently developed and support transition planning for students using AT.
- The plans consistently address AT equipment, training and funding issues.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
- See AT TA Guide pages 24-25 for information on AT Transition.
- See Appendix C for additional AT Transition resources.
Teams may use the following AT Transition form -
Purchase/Sale Agreement and Sample Depreciation Spreadsheets
(Worksheets begin on page 75).
Sample Operational Procedures for AT Transition
Our Local Education Agency, ________________________________ (name of school / district), has chosen collectively to transition AT using the following guidelines.
For each student on an IEP who is using AT who is also at the age of transition planning, the IEP team will use ____________________________________ (i.e., Canfield and Reed’s Assistive Technology and Transition form or other equivalent form(s)). Details can be found at the following link: https://www.transitioncoalition.org/wp-content/originalSiteAssets/files/docs/attransitionpacket1224259340.pdf
The document includes a Procedure Guide for AT and Transition Planning, which includes detailed information and applicable forms that IEP teams can use with students:
- At age 14 or before
- Each year at IEP review
- At age 17
- Prior to graduation
These procedures and forms will help school districts consistently address the AT needs of all students transitioning with AT.
In order to effectively and efficiently transfer ownership of AT purchased by our school/district to a receiving agency/entity, we agree to use the Purchase/Sale Agreement form, developed by the Georgia Project for Assistive Technology and adopted by the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
These AT transition forms will be kept __________________________________ (name location for hard copy / digital file) and disseminated to staff via ______________________________ (how will staff be notified that the form exists?).
Once completed, the AT transition forms will be kept ________________________________ (name location for hard copy / digital file, ex...in the student’s cumulative file).
Signed info effect on _______________________ (date) by ____________________________ (Administrator's signature who approved guidelines/procedures).