8: Professional Development and Training in AT
- All professional development and training includes strategies for use of AT devices and services to facilitate academic achievement.
- The comprehensive AT professional development plan encompasses all elements¸ audiences¸ and levels.
- Professional development and training addresses all aspects of selection¸ acquisition¸ and use of AT.
- Professional development and training consistently aligns with other initiatives as appropriate.
- Professional development and training opportunities are provided on a comprehensive¸ repetitive and continuous schedule utilizing appropriate local¸ regional and national resources.
- Professional development and training consistently considers research-based adult learning strategies.
- Changes in practice are consistently measured using a variety of reliable measures linked to improved student performance.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
Teams may use the following Professional Development and Training forms -
Staff Development Plan Feature-Match Form and/or the AT PD and Training Planning Form