Quality Indicator for Assistive Technology:
- Transition plans consistently address AT needs and all team members are involved and knowledgeable about critical roles, steps and follow-up.
- Student is a full participant and student input is consistently reflected in the transition plan.
- Advocacy consistently occurs for AT use and the development of student self determination skills.
- AT requirements in the receiving environment are consistently identified by all participants.
- Individualized timelines are consistently developed and support transition planning for students using AT.
- The plans consistently address AT equipment, training and funding issues.
Resources for developing Operational Procedures
- See AT TA Guide pages 24-25 for information on AT Transition.
- See Appendix C for additional AT Transition resources.
Teams may use the following AT Transition form -
Purchase/Sale Agreement and Sample Depreciation Spreadsheets
(Worksheets begin on page 91)