Implementation focuses on ensuring the AT provided can be adequately used by the child within the environments he/she is actively engaged.
When evaluating how well the AT is being implemented, the following areas should be noted:
- Identify the AT tools or systems that will be implemented.
- Identify specific tasks for which the AT will be implemented.
- Identify where the child will be using the device.
- Verify how the AT correlates to the needs of the child.
- Identify components of the AT that need to be maintained (charged, cleaned, replaced).
- Ensure all persons working with the child and his/her AT are trained.
- Determine who will customize the AT (when necessary).
- Note information about how the child is using the AT.
- Develop a contingency plan for temporary replacements (when necessary).
See Appendix C for Implementation Resources